Today Ralph was able to take a day off so he humored me and agreed to go out and shoot some pictures. We decided to head towards Niagara. We took our passports with us and ended up going to the American side of to see if we could get some different shots of Niagara falls. This is the first time that I have been here. It was really windy and cold. We couldn't remove our gloves for a very long period of time because it was so cold. This made it challenging when setting up our camera for each of the shots that we took. Sadly Ralph had forgotten to put his battery in his camera so he wasn't able to take any pictures at this point in time as he didn't want to walk back to the truck to get it out of his camera bag. We didn't stay here long as we found the wind quite challenging.
Since the day was so overcast I decided to process some of the pictures in black and white as there really wasn't much colour.
 |
| In the background you can see the Canadian Falls. |
All bundled up!! I have two vests on and a downfilled jacket. Lots of pockets to store filters and other camera gear. I was having so much fun.
We didn't have any issues crossing the border as we weren't on the US side for very long. As you can see from the pictures it was really overcast making for some interesting shots. The wind wasn't blowing as hard on this side of the river so it didn't feel quite as cold.
Since the sun was starting to peak through the clouds We were lucky because there wasn't that many people visiting today so we were able to find lots of places to set up our tripods for the pictures.
 |
| I was using a 14mm wide angle lens which limited some of the pictures that I could take but was quite pleased with some of the shots. |
 |
| I really like this picture that Ralph took. He used a Neutral Density Filter allowing him to smooth out the rough water. |
1 comment:
Beautiful shots, Grace!
Post a Comment