We were up at 3:00 a.m. Last minute house cleaning was needed. Ralph vacuumed the bedrooms and bathroom while I cleaned both rooms to get ready for Sandra to move in. We would have done it the day before, but it was a late night. After going to Dad's memorial service, we were both required to finish off last minute things from work. Ralph went to bed at 11:30 and I followed at 12:30. I was too wound up so I watched a bit of tv while enjoying a small glass of wine.
At 3:00 Ralph woke me up to get things ready for 4:00 as this is the time that John and Grace were coming . We were all packed and on the road by 4:20ish and made good progress towards our final goal of Deltona, Florida.
The weather wasn't the greatest and we experienced bands of snow which reduced visibility to almost nothing. Then things cleared up and it was smooth sailing. An hour later, we had the bands of snow again. We arrived in Statesville, North Carolina at around 4:30 and enjoyed a relaxing evening at Risto which was a really nice local restaurant. It was a really nice beginning to our vacation. We kept in contact with Teresa along the way and look forward to seeing them on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment