Monday, 11 July 2011

Granite Ridge

We woke up to a sunny morning... it's going to be a nice day we say as we enjoy a nice cup of tea on the back porch.  I wonder if my knee will be able to handle walking 18 holes.  Ralph thinks it should be ok - the course isnn't to hilly so we don't need to worry.  We've got our hat, suntan lotion and lots of water.  Better to be prepared.  We arrive at the course by 9:30.. Jim is already there and looking forward to a game with his siblings.  Yo and Henry arrive next with Lawrence, Teresa and Homer is close pursuit!

We split the teams up - Ralph will golf with the girls and the guys will go first.  We all play a good round.  Ralph shoots in the mid 80's, Teresa hits 100 (her all time best), I shoot a 96 and Yolande is in the low hundreds.  We all are proud of our accomplishments. 

I discover I have a rash on the back of my leg, on my thighs and my ankle... I wonder where that came from?  I don't have a burn on my skin, but the rash is pretty red.  It's possible that it's sun poisoning. I'll have to keep an eye on that!

We all head over to Homer and Linda's house where everyone else is waiting.  We have a nice relaxing late afternoon and early evening together!  Thanks for your hospitallity Homer and Linda - it's always fun to spend a day at your place.

No comments: