Sunday, 3 January 2010

Sunday January 3

















We got up early this morning and packed up the truck. We were on the road by around 8:30 and stopped and got a coffee at Starbucks and headed south. It was chilly this morning - at 39F...brrr.. By the time we arrived in Miami it had warmed up to 61F which was nice but the breeze was still cool. We listened to a sermon from Pastor Rand on the drive down. It was nice, but unfortunately I think we have now heard this one 3 times so it's time it got returned to the church library.

We had a wonderful day yesterday golfing at Orange County National - we golfed on a course called Panther's Lake. It's a very nice undulating course. Tiger Woods made his golf commercial at this course...it was interesting to see his pictures there...

While golfing we think we saw either a lynx or bobcat and the people at the course said that it's possible as there are cat's that roam the area. A coyote was also sited yesterday at the course. I took a picture, but it's not really in focus. The cat was quite a way away and it was getting dark. It's enough though to give you an idea of what we saw. We both played very good games. I shot a 95 and Ralph shot an 89. I got a little help from Ralph because of my sore ankle, where if my ball was on uneven ground he allowed me to move it to something more level. I still would have broken a 100 no matter what as I was having a great game. It was sunny yesterday and we really enjoyed ourselves. I think the temperature got as warm as 63F.

In the evening we went to Downtown Disney... It's crazy how busy these places are. We wanted to pick up a little something for the girls, so we braved the crowds.

I've bought some new glasses which I'll get my prescription filled when we get home. I couldn't decide which frame I liked better but the price was so good that I decided to purchase both. You'll have to let me know which ones you like ;-).

We checked out Doral today. What a place! I think we have to take Valet parking tomorrow and we planned to make sure our camera's are fully charged. The place is awesome. I'll have to give some thought as to what I'm going to wear tomorrow for sure. I hope it warms up. I think the forecast is for aroundn 61F.

Tomorrow morning Ralph has to do some work, so I'll take it easy and read my book. On Wednesday we plan to drive through alligator ally. I plan to have my camera and tripod ready. Driving here today we saw something like 20 hawks in the trees and we think we saw a few Eagles as well. It's really quite marshy along the drive. It will be interesting to see what is along that part of the highway.

Stayed tuned for an update tomorrow of our day at Doral.

No comments: