Monday, 12 May 2008

A visit to the Harbour









I had a really good day today at work. We're all ready for our workshop tomorrow. After I got back to my hotel, I decided to walk down to the Habour and see what was happening. The Habour is where the cruise ships come in and leave. These are the cruises that go up and around Alaska. Lucky for me, there was a ship that was preparing to leave. I walked around and took some pictures of the Habour. There were many planes landing and taking off. I believe that these are site seeing tours and the like.

There certainly is a lot of shopping in this area, but I find it very expensive. I'm told that the average housing price here is $750,000. I find that unbelieveable and hard to fathom. The taxi driver told me that so many people commit to these 40 year mortgages... unbelieveable...

The flowers here are all blooming. You see so many Rododendrim's... almost every house has one in bloom...It's an interesting city...

No comments: