Monday, 22 October 2007

A trip to Buffalo




On Saturday, we thought it might be nice to take a trip to Buffalo. We were up bright and early and Ralph took Oakley for a nice long walk before we left. As we pulled out of the driveway, the battery light came on. We thought it might be a good idea to have this checked out, so we went to Midas. We ended up getting a new battery and new Alternator... Sigh.....3 hours later we were done. We went back home, let Oakley out again and headed for Buffalo. We got there around noon. The Fashion outlet mall was wall to wall people. Most of my favourite shops were closed for renovations or they were moving, so we didn't have much success. I had hoped to get some Christmas shopping done. Off we went to the Walden Galleria Mall and it was just as busy. It took us a long time just to find a parking space. We shopped for a couple of hours (unsuccessfully) and then went for dinner. After dinner we went to Michaels and I'm happy to say that they were having a sale and I was able to get a new Cricut cartridge. I'm soooo excited about it, as it is called "Going Places" and it has some awesome travel ideas that you can use.


We headed for home but had to wait for 1.5 hours at the border because it was so busy. We got home around 9:00. At the mall they had a bird demonstration where I was able to take this picture of the owl. Isn't it amazing!!

No comments: