We enjoyed a very busy Labour Day weekend. The weather started off a little cool but gradually warmed up as the weekend progressed. Frank brought me two buckets full of dirt for the garden (to be specific, one was manure and the other was compost). I had enough left over to extend one of my gardens so I have lots of room for new plants in the spring. Anyone interesting in getting rid of cuttings that do well in the shade, just let me know and I'll take them. We enjoyed a nice dinner at John and Barb's this weekend to celebrate the addition of their new awning that Ed, Ralph and others help to build this summer. During this dinner we decided that this would become a summer event and we would enjoy a potluck together. The dinner was a delicious meal of Pasta with John's homemade sauce, garlicky Caesar salad and warm buns. The wine was free flowing and everything was delicious.
Oakley surprised us all by showing how strong he is when he pulled the wagon with a full jug of water on it, all the way to the trailer. And he did this while running along side Ralph. He wasn't tired at all!!!
Early Monday morning, (6:00 a.m.) Christine and I joined the Photography club - something new that we are starting in the park, to take pictures of the sunrise and mist over the water. The sunrise was very pretty, but there was no steam. Later we were pleasantly surprised by seeing a Paleated Woodpecker. Unfortunately I couldn't get a good shot because I had the wrong lens on my camera. Oh well, there is always next year.
We closed up the trailer for the season but are looking forward to many warm days next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment